According to a new survey released by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) the hiring climate for new MBA grads is looking quite optimistic. 74% of employers at the 216 companies polled are expecting to make at least one MBA hire in 2012; up from 58% from last year’s survey.
Perhaps you’ve been considering an MBA, but aren’t sure where to start. Well, you’re in luck! Whether you’re a soon-to-be college grad or graduated years ago, you don’t want to miss The Economist’s “Which MBA?” Online Fair happening February 6th and 7th. Registration is free and attendees can join the fair from the convenience of their own computers any time during the two day period.
At the “Which MBA?” Online Fair prospective MBA students can connect with dozens of business schools including Darden, University of Miami, TiasNimbas, Babson and more, all in one place. Like a traditional MBA fair, candidates can meet business school representatives, gather information and compare programs.
Business school “virtual booths”
Easily browse dozens of business schools by clicking on their “virtual booths” at the fair. In each exhibiting school’s booth you will find these three different areas:
• Reception: At the reception area you can read the school’s profile and download brochures and other key pieces of information. You can also visit the school’s website, join its social networks and read testimonials.
• Chat room: Talk with admissions officers, alumni, professors and current students in a group or one-on-one discussion. Be sure to check the schedule once you log in to make sure you don’t miss out.
• Multimedia: Take a virtual campus tour! Get a better idea of what the school looks and feels like in the multimedia area. View videos, browse photos and more.
Want an inside look at specific programs and the MBA experience? Join the live, interactive webinars hosted by MBA admissions officers, deans, professors and Economist editors. Attendees will have the opportunity to type in questions to be answered live by webinar hosts.
Live global sessions:
You can visit the fair at any time on February 6th and 7th at your convenience. However to get the most out of the fair, it’s best to log in during one of the live sessions when the exhibiting business schools will be online and ready to meet you:
• February 6th: 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM EST
• February 6th: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM EST
• February 7th: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM EST
• February 7th: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM EST
• Share your resume: Don’t forget to update your resume before the fair! You can submit your resume after logging in where it will be visible to all business school representatives at the fair.
• Get matched to schools with the compatibility profile: Not sure which schools you should be looking at? Get matched to the schools that fit your preferences! Simply answer a few questions to find the exhibiting schools that match your needs.
• Access additional resources: Visit the Information Desk to access a list of MBA resources such as scholarship organizations, admissions and test prep consultants, MBA blogs and more.