The Women’s Opportunity Awards program assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
Each year, more than $1.5 million is awarded to more than 1,000 women, many of whom have overcome enormous obstacles including poverty, domestic violence and/or drug and alcohol abuse. Women’s Opportunity Award recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation.
- Provide the primary financial support for her dependents (including children, spouse, siblings and/or parents)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Are enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program
- Are motivated to achieve their educational and career goals
- Reside in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries or territories
- Have not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Award; are not a Soroptimist member, employee of Soroptimist or immediate family of either
- Apply on Soroptimist.org
- December 1, 2012