by Taylor Cotter
This one is for the younger students! Each year, the Massachusetts Education Funding Authority (MEFA) with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education hosts an art contest for elementary school students to start saving some money for college.
The prizes available include:
- Three (3) first prizes: $5,000
- Three (3) second prizes: $2,000
- Three (3) third prizes: $1,000
- The artwork must be on the topic, “What Do I Want to Be When I Graduate from College?”
- The child must be enrolled in grades K–5 at a public, private, charter, or home-based school in Massachusetts as of October 31, 2012.
- Students may use pencils, pens, crayons, paint, or any other nontoxic medium, and artwork may not be computer generated.
- Paper must be either 8½” x 11” or 9” x 12” — larger submissions will be considered ineligible.
- Include the child’s name, school, and grade on the back of his or her artwork.
October 31, 2012
Application and more information available here.