By Megan Kenslea
Twenty students have the chance to receive a $10,000 scholarship from the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program this year. Established to honor “the legacy and character of our nation’s 40th President,” college-bound students with strong leadership may be eligible to win. The scholarship is renewable, and students may receive up to $40,000 over four years.
Who is Eligible?
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholars must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship at school, at home, at the workplace, and within the community;
- Be nominated by an eligible community leader, such as a high school principal, elected official or executive director of a nonprofit organization;
- Be recommended by an authority figure, such as a student activity advisor, community service coordinator, coach, employer, teacher, counselor or religious leader;
- Demonstrate strong academic performance (3.0 or greater GPA or equivalent);
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Graduate from high school in Winter 2011 or Spring 2012; and
- Use scholarship funds for student tuition, room, and board while pursuing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited U.S. college or university in Fall 2012.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted from now until Feb. 17, 2012 and should be submitted online.