Motivation. It can be a powerful thing, unless you’re lacking it. Finishing school, continuing on to get a degree, or going back to school, may be a challenge that you lack the motivation to take on. However, it doesn’t have to be a huge hurdle. Even the smallest ounce of motivation can pick you up when you’re down, push you forward when you’re stuck, work you hardest at your weakest and take you higher than you ever thought possible.
This is the beauty of education: there is always something new you can learn. Life is all about living, learning, applying what you learn and learning from those results. See the trend? Whenever that time comes, know that it’s never too late.
Sometimes, the most powerful motivation comes from knowing that others have been through what you are working through as well. Motivational quotes can be a huge source of inspiration when facing a new challege. Here is a list of 15 of our favorite motivational quotes about education:
- “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” ― Oscar Wilde
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” ― Nelson Mandela
- “The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.” ― Plutarch
- “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” ― Jim Rohn
- Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” ― William Butler Yeats
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” ― John Dewey
- “Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
- “The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” ― Malcolm Forbes
- “We have an obligation and a responsibility to be investing in our students and our schools. We must make sure that people who have the grades, the desire and the will, but not the money, can still get the best education possible.” ― Barack Obama
- “Education must provide the opportunities for self-fulfillment; it can at best provide a rich and challenging environment for the individual to explore, in his own way.” ― Noam Chomsky
- “Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” – Thomas Huxley
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “I learned the value of hard work by working hard.” – Margaret Mead
- “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Do you have a motivational quote? Please share it with us in the comments below.