Happy Scholarship Saturday – today we are featuring The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation. The Marine Coprs Scholarship Foundation is the nation’s oldest and largest provider of need-based scholarships to children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen. In 2012-2013, Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation awarded more than 1,900 scholarships.
Applicants must be the son or daughter of one of the following:
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Marine;
- Veteran U.S. Marine who has received an honorable discharge, medical discharge, was wounded, or was killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps;
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Navy Corpsman who is serving or has served with a U.S. Marine unit;
- Veteran U.S. Navy Corpsman who has served with a U.S. Marine unit and has received an honorable discharge, medical discharge, was wounded, or was killed in the U.S. Navy.
Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Planning to attend an accredited undergraduate college or vocational/technical institution in the upcoming academic year, and pursuing a first bachelor’s degree or technical certificate. Students attending Federal Service Academies or pursing graduate degrees are not eligible.
- Family adjusted gross income for the 2012 tax year that does not exceed $91,000. Non-taxable allowances are not included in determining adjusted gross income.
- GPA of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
How to Apply
Learn more on the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation website
March 1, 2013