When it comes to paying for a college education, the best money is free money. That means grants and scholarships. When it comes to scholarships, there are many resources online – including StudentAdvisor.com’s newest iPhone app, Scholarship Advisor.
To make things easier for students looking to fund their education, StudentAdvisor has created a free iPhone app that allows people access to over $30 million in scholarship listings.
How do I start searching free money for college on the app?
- Download StudentAdvisor’s free new Scholarship app from the iTunes store , or search for “scholarships” in the iTunes store- the Scholarship Advisor app is one of the results
- Browse curated lists of scholarships. These lists are based on topics such as corporate, unusual, career-related, religious, and even military scholarships.
- As you browse the list, investigate scholarships that interest you. Some of the scholarship details that you can learn about are deadlines, dollar amounts, and links to the websites.
- Search scholarship titles by keyword.
- Use the scholarship wizard to find more scholarships that are relevant to you.
What are some unique features of the scholarship app?
- Calendar app feature. When you find a relevant scholarship, you can easily add the application deadline date to your calendar with a tap.
- Sharing feature. What if you find a scholarship that you feel is perfect for someone else? You can email or tweet out any of your favorite scholarships.
Once you find a scholarship on the app, what do you do next?
- Save it to your account by bookmarking it, add the deadline to your calendar
- On the scholarship listing detail page you will find:
- Direct contact information of the person/organization
- Telephone or email address for the scholarship information
- The URL to apply to the scholarship.
After downloading Scholarship Advisor, make sure to leave a review and let us know what you think. We are constantly trying to improve the app to make it more useful for everyone.
If you have another mobile device that does not allow you to access Scholarship Advisor, never fear: we are releasing a full web version soon.