By Taylor Cotter
In order to recognize students that excel inside and outside of the classroom, Best Buy and Best Buy Children’s Foundation are awarding up to 1,200 high school students with $1,000 scholarships. Scholarships are awarded to students who have shown consistent academic success and exemplary volunteer or work experience. This scholarship is not renewable and previous winners are not eligible to apply.
Who is eligible?
- Currently enrolled 9-12th grade students
- Must live in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent
- Should show passion for involvement in the community through volunteer work or other work experience
- Must be planning to enroll at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, vocational-technical school, or online school/program in the United States or Puerto Rico the fall following high school graduation
- Students must never have been selected as a Best Buy Scholarship recipient
How to Apply
- Applications are open now and will be accepted until Feb. 15, 2012. Applications should be submitted online at https://bestbuy.scholarshipamerica.org/.
Photo: Wikimedia Commons