My friends Jacqueline Jones and Sophie Vlessing, who work for Kaplan Higher Education, invited me to NYC to watch a taping of their “Visionary Voices” webinar tonight at 7 p.m.
Jacqueline is interviewing Brendan Browne, who is in charge of recruiting at LinkedIn. They plan to discuss ways that social media can positively enhance your job search as well as your career advancement.
I’m personally excited because Browne has epic insights on leveraging the power of LinkedIn. I recently read a statistic that said 90 percent of recruiters use LinkedIn to source and research candidates. Additionally, LinkedIn just reached 200 million registered users – so it surely is the place to be if you want to advance your career or find a new job.
The conversation starts at 7 p.m. tonight. It’s free but you need to register. You can ask questions and have them answered by someone who honestly knows the best practices of LinkedIn. A couple of questions that I’d like to ask are:
- How can you leverage social media to advance your career?
- What should one do to make their digital brand stand out from the crowd?
- And my last question – what should you do if someone asks you to recommend them on LinkedIn but you don’t feel comfortable…
About This Webinar
DATE: January 17, 2013
TIME: 7 – 8 p.m. EST
You must register to attend this free, interactive webinar. Here’s how:
1. Go to the KapX website. Registration will ensure that you receive a reminder to attend.
2. To attend the webinar on January 17, log in to https://kapx-site-dev.appspot.com/events/talent-acquisition-webinar/ a few minutes prior to 7 p.m. EST using your email address and the password you created when you registered for the event. If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, please register and we will email you the recording of this event.