By Taylor Cotter
The NursingHomeAbuse.net scholarship is the first scholarship to be offered to applicants who are pursuing a career that will help combat abuse in nursing homes. NursingHomeAbuse.net is part of the National Association to Stop Nursing Home Abuse and is focused on prevention, education, and repairing the conseuquences of abuse.
This scholarship is $5,000 toward non-tuition related expenses such as rent, childcare, books/supplies, travel/gas expenses, utilities or groceries.
Who is eligible?
- Applicant must be working towards a degree in Nursing (a background in Geriatrics is preferred), Social Work, Psychology, or Healthcare Administration with which he/she is planning to work with the senior citizen population
- Applicant must be attending an accredited post-secondary institution
- Applicant must be a US citizen
- Applicant must currently be receiving some type of financial aid
How to Apply
- Download and complete the scholarship application form at http://www.nursinghomeabuse.net/scholarship/.