We’ve long been fans of LinkedIn, the premiere professional social network. However, there’s much more to being a LinkedIn member than just upkeeping your resume. By joining LinkedIn Groups, you have premiere access to networking and job opportunities. Check out our five favorite LinkedIn groups for job seekers.
- ADVANCE: Career. Education. You. ADVANCE is a new LinkedIn group designed to foster discussion around recareering and skill development. StudentAdvisor regularly posts on ADVANCE with the best college and career advice we can find. One of the most popular discussions is from StudentAdvisor’s Ashley: “How to find a job you love.”
- Job Openings, Job Leads and Job Connections! This group is designed for those who are ready to move up in their careers. Members swap tips about interviews, resumes, recruiters and more. One thread with almost 200 comments discusses overqualification in re-entering the workforce.
- Career Rocketeer—Job Search & Career Network: Career Rocketeer is a motivational career network. The Career Rocketeer members are tech-savvy and often turn to each other for advice. Currently, a popular discussion is “Has anyone got experience advising a client who has been dismissed for misconduct?”
- Global Jobs Network: The Global Jobs Network is an incredibly active group where members can interact with recruiters, hiring managers, and other job seekers. Members are constantly posting job listings and discussing common job search issues. One of the more popular threads is “How to Avoid Most Common Interview Mistakes”.
- Jobs & Job Search Group: The Jobs & Job Search Group is chock-full of advice and resources if you’re just beginning to think about changing jobs. This is a popular post with advice on creating a great cover letter.