With Spring right around the corner, March is the perfect month to think about the future. And if you want a college scholarship in your future, its the right time to start applying!
Get ready for your upcoming college expenses by filling out your FAFSA form for federal student aid as well as college-specific grants and scholarships, and then start looking for independent scholarships to help fund your college education.
To get you started, here is a list of 12 college scholarships with March 2015 deadlines you don’t want to miss:
[Learn the secrets of writing successful scholarship essays.]
1. Children of Warriors National Presidents’ Scholarship: $3,500, Deadline: March 1, 2015
Fifteen students who are the daughters, sons, grandsons, granddaughters, great-granddaughters, or great-grandsons of veterans who served in the Armed Forces will be awarded these scholarships from the American Legion for their academic excellence and service to their communities.
2. Remote DBA Scholarship: $3,500, Deadline: March 15. 2015
Outstanding college students with a demonstrated interest in data science or database administration may be eligible for this scholarship.
3. UCT Heaston Scholarship Program: $12,000-$24,000, Deadline: March 15, 2015
Through this scholarship, three students who will be studying to work with people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities will receive 4-year scholarships of varying amounts.
4. Toyota Teen Driver Video Challenge : $15,000, Deadline: March 16, 2015
Calling all filmmakers! Enter a video into this contest that highlights the importance of safer teen driving and you could win $15,000 for you college education.
5. TheDream.US DREAMers Scholarship: up to $25,000, Deadline: March 17, 2014
TheDream.US has established the DREAMers Education Initiative (DEI) Scholarship to assist students who, due to status as undocumented immigrants, are unable to access other forms of financial aid or assistance. These students (“DREAMers”) came to the United States as minors without immigration status and have graduated from US high schools or earned a US-based high school equivalency.
6. ADMA Scholarship: $2,000, Deadline: March 28, 2014
The Aviation Distributors and Manufacturers Association sponsors this scholarship to provide assistance to students pursuing careers in the field of aviation.
7. Bob Gurnsey Scholarship Awards: $2,500, Deadline: March 30, 2015
This fun scholarship is open to any high-school senior with a passion for playing paintball and a desire to attend college.
8. Sertoma Communicative Disorders Scholarship: $1,000, Deadline: March 30, 2014
High school seniors and current college students who are deaf or hard of hearing are eligible for this scholarship.
9. Anne & Matt Harbison Scholarship: $1,500, Deadline: March 31, 2014
This annual scholarship is awarded to a high school senior with a certified language-related learning difference who is applying for college in any program.
10. NFB Scholarship: up to $12,000, Deadline: March 31, 2014
To recognize achievement by blind scholars, the National Federation of the Blind annually offers blind college students the opportunity to win one of 30 merit-based, national-level scholarships worth anywhere from $3,000 to $12,000.
11. AAAE Foundation Scholarship: $4000, Deadline: March 31, 2014
The American Association of Airport Executives awards scholarships ranging from $900 to $4,000 to the spouses and children of Accredited Airport Executives (A.A.E.s).
12. ASDSO Scholarship: $10,000, Deadline: March 31, 2014
If you ‘re a college senior enrolled in an accredited civil engineering program, you can apply for this scholarship from The Association of State Dam Safety Officials